History of Clients
$1 Energy Fund
United Way of Allegheny County
Delaware Valley Industrial Resource Center
Sustainable Business Network
National Tooling and Machining Association
Keystone Research Center
El Centro Latino
Hill District Community Development Corporation
Southwest Corner Workforce Investment Board
New Century Careers
Three Rivers Workforce Investment Board
United Way of Pennsylvania
Lawrenceville Development Corporation
Fay-Penn Economic Development Council
Penn State University
United Mine Workers of America
Mon Valley Initiative
Pennsylvania NanoMaterials Commercialization Center
Oakland Planning and Development Corporation
Keystone Utility Partnership
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Pittsburgh Gateways Corporation
GSP Consulting Group
Pittsburgh Urban Redevelopment Authority
YMCA of Greater Pittsburgh
Allegheny Conference on Community Development
Beaverun Motorsports Complex
Economic Growth Connection of Westmoreland
Pittsburgh Partnership for Neighborhood Development
Technology Collaborative of Southwestern Pennsylvania
Butler County Community College
Freedom School District
Carnegie Mellon University
National Center for Defense Machining and Manufacturing
West Virginia Department of Education
Community College of Allegheny County
Robert Morris University
Steel Center Area Vocational-Technical School
Beaver Initiative for Growth
Westmoreland-Fayette Workforce Investment Board
University of Pittsburgh
Westmoreland County Community College
Business for Social Responsibility
Community Foundation for the Alleghenies
Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
Siemens Power Generation
Chester Education Foundation
University of Pittsburgh-CHMR/Environmental Justice Project
Jewish Healthcare Foundation
North Central Workforce Investment Board
Team Pennsylvania Workforce Investment Board
WIN Areas of Practice
Developing and implementing collaboration driven workforce development models that bring together, education, community and public sector stakeholders.
- Develop, implement and manage the Labor Management Clearinghouse initiative for Pittsburgh/Allegheny County.
- Living Cities/Pennsylvania Fund for Workforce Development project management.
- Contracted to assist in the development and implementation of a US Department of Justice funded Connections Center Initiative. The initiative is focused on at-risk youth in the Hill, Lawrenceville and throughout East End communities of Pittsburgh.
- Leading an effort to design an education and workforce development training initiative for the Penn State University Electro Optics Center.
- Working to support the Energy Cluster Collaborative of industry leaders that are advising and participating in the education, training and workforce development initiatives of the Energy Innovation Center (former Connelley Center).
- Building and Construction Industry Partnership & Incumbent Worker Training
- Logistics and Transportation Industry Partnership & Incumbent Worker Training
- PA Alliance for Security and Preparedness Industry Partnership & Incumbent Worker Training
- Mining Industry Partnership
- Oil and Gas (Marcellus Shale) Industry Partnership
- Materials Science Industry Partnership and Incumbent Worker Training
- Green Careers Training Initiative
- Green Careers Curriculum development.
- Research the natural gas industry related to the development of the Marcellus Shale in West Virginia and advise the DOE regarding the skills and training programs required to equip West Virginia residents to obtain jobs and careers in support of the industry and its supply chain.
- Implement and manage the Be A 6th Grade Mentor Program at the South Brook Middle School in the Pittsburgh Public School System.
- Manufacturing 2000, Entry-Level Machinist Training Program
- Manufacturing 2000 Plus, Advanced Training for Manufacturing Workers
- Advanced Manufacturing Career Collaborative
- Pittsburgh Chapter National Tooling and Machining Association Apprentice Program and Bots IQ
- COMPETE Industry Partnership and Incumbent Worker Training Initiative
Information technology strategic planning, solution design, systems integration and implementation services targeting economic development agencies, non-profits and manufacturers.
- Developed an online searchable database of green jobs training in Southeastern PA. The Green Training Index (GTI) is managed using Salesforce.com database and integrated with SBN's web site.
- Vendor selection, implementation, customization and ongoing support for the Epicor E9 ERP system.
- Implementation of a constituency engagement strategy with Salesforce.com to support constituency relationships, events, and volunteer management and reporting at A+ Schools.
- Development of a custom web facing volunteer portal using Salesforce Sites.
- Development of the KIZforce statewide reporting portal for the Keystone Innovation Zone (KIZ) program for the PA Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) agency.
- Development of a Salesforce.com based constituency and investment management system, including web integration for on-line applications and impact reporting.
- Development of a web-based collaboration portal called Energy Match for open innovation in the energy sector that is also built on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Development of a web-based collaboration portal for innovation and tech transfer in the nanotechnology sector that is built on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Development of a comprehensive program management and social impact reporting system used to track attendance, outcomes and key-milestones for a variety of member programs such as after-school child care. This system is built on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Epicor E9 support for an eleven-company energy consortium, including custom reporting, system enhancements, trouble-shooting and implementation support for a new division.
- Development and deployment of Salesforce.com to support the client services including sales support for regional manufacturers and industry research using survey data collection with Salesforce.com.
Development, planning and management of initiatives to support businesses, non-profits and collaborative groups in achieving improved energy performance and earning a financial return on their investments.
eCap Network, LLC
A partnership between Pittsburgh Gateways Corporation and WIN to provide comprehensive energy management services to smaller- and mid-sized industrial, commercial institutional and municipal facilities. Partial list of clients include:
- Limbach Company
- Windber Research
- St. Benedicts Church
- CJL Engineering
- Peoples Gas
- Chatham University
- Valparaiso YMCA
- Arbors Management
- Urban Redevelopment Authority
- Baker Young Corporation
- Allegheny County Library Association
- Johnstown Area Heritage Association
- General Carbide Consulting with management and training the workforce in the elements of Lean and Green Manufacturing.
- Irwin Automation Auditing energy and material flow process and designing and implementing a plan to reduce energy consumption while implementing lean manufacturing techniques.